Go to Tokyo to find a job in Japan job job expat

In Japan, the job market is dynamic and the unemployment rate is low. It is relatively easy to find an odd job or a temporary job. It is more difficult to get a long term job. Indeed, Japanese recruiters are demanding of foreigners. You not only need to speak Japanese well, but you also need a technical skill in addition. The most popular courses are: business schools or engineering schools.

The minimum wage is defined by the prefectures. He was from 713 yen / hour on average in 2009.

In Japan, companies with more than 10 employees must have internal regulations. As a new employee, your contract will tell you the terms and conditions of your work. In particular, it will mention the place of work; working hours, rest, holidays and vacations; salary, bonuses and bonuses; the conditions for terminating the contract.

How to find a job?

Japan accepts only the most qualified foreigners. You not only have to speak Japanese but you also often have to master English and have another expertise. You can make spontaneous applications to companies from your home country in Japan. On the other hand, if you do not have a perfect command of Japanese, it is not recommended to send spontaneous applications to Japanese companies. In the latter case, to find yourself a Japanese employer, it will be better to use your connections.

Japanese CV and cover letter in Japan: the Laughing and the shokumukeirekisho

The laughter and the shokumukeirekisho are 2 documents which are used as the CV and the cover letter while being different.

The laughter is a 4 page form. You can find it in stationery stores or on the internet. It is preferable to fill it out by hand, especially if you are sending your application by mail. Photograph is compulsory. You will find the following headings: marital status, address, studies and training, professional experience, extra-solar activities, motivation of the candidate.

The shokumukeirekisho is the equivalent of the cover letter. It typically includes 4 sections:

  • After mentioning your name and the date, you will list your professional experiences (in chronological order).
  • You will describe your different experiences (position held, work performed and environment). It is recommended to indicate the duration of each experience (in addition to the start and end dates).
  • You will then indicate your technical skills.
  • The last section is the cover letter.

Minimum wage

There is a guaranteed minimum wage in Japan which varies by region. It is 907 yen per hour (2015) for the city of Tokyo. As an indication, the average minimum wage for the whole of Japan is 798 yen per hour (in France, it is 9.61 euros, or about 1,300 yen). The bonus, family allowance, transport allowance and overtime are not included in these data.

How to start your business in Japan?

To set up a business in Japan, you must apply for an investor visa (with a prior request for the Certificate of Eligibility), which also involves an investment of several million yen.

For more information, you can consult the site dedicated to the creation of companies in Japan: http://www.jetro.go.jp/fr/invest/

Which work visa?

In the event that you reside in Japan for more than 90 days, it is necessary in this case to apply for an “Alien Card” and keep this card with you at all times. The request must be made within 90 days of your arrival by contacting the town hall of your place of residence. You will need the application form, your passport and 2 identity photos.

Regarding the “working holidays visa”, this type of visa allows you to live in Japan for six months (if you come from Australia, New Zealand or Canada) or one year (if you are from the Republic of from Korea, France, Germany, England, Ireland or Denmark). Once the visa is obtained, you have one year to travel to Japan.

This is a single entry visa. Once you arrive, if you need to leave Japan temporarily, you will need to obtain a re-entry permit from immigration prior to your departure. You can work with this visa however you will not be able to apply for certain jobs (employed in a bar, a nightclub or a games room…). The “working holiday” program is dedicated to young people who want to spend a holiday in Japan and not study or work. You will have the opportunity to work, but that should not be your main goal. To apply you must be between 18 and 30 years old and not have already obtained a “working holiday” visa.

How to get the work visa?

To obtain a work visa in Japan, you must first obtain a work contract or a job offer from an employer in Japan.
This employer will need to contact an immigration office and apply for a Certificate of Eligibility (CoE) for you. This certificate is essential to obtain a visa.
To have this document, you will therefore need to find a company. If the CoE is issued, after receipt, you can go to the Embassy of Japan to apply for a work visa with the necessary documents.

Photo: Reuben Stanton

Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *